Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday a Day off

So Sunday was the teams day off, but the doctors still had to make their rounds on Sunday morning.  And although I didn't get in until 3:00 AM I was bound and determined to get up and go see the kids and so I did.  Poor kids as soon as they saw the Americans come in they wanted to run and hide.  It had been a nice peaceful morning but by the time the doctors got done poking and prodding them they were all screaming their fool heads off.  My buddy Anderson was up and smiling, that is until the doctor touched him.  I took some photos of him and then showed him the pictures on the view finder.  He was completely enthralled with it.  So I held the camera and let him point at the subject and I punched the button -
Dr. Tom, Anderson's mom, nurse Lourdis, Me & Anderson
Shots by Anderson
He had a great time with the camera
Perhaps one day with his new hands he can take pictures on his own
After we left the hospital we headed back to the hotel to pick up the rest of the group that slept in....then we headed off to the museum Museo Nacional de Arqueología, Antropología e Historia del Perú. www.arqueotur.org But the condition I was in was not the best for taking in a museum, I was miserably tired, falling a sleep standing up, so I completely missed my Inca history lesson. After the museum we went to lunch at a really cool restaurant who's name I can't remember, but I do remember this, they were cooking beef heart on skewers over an open fire as we walked in the door. We had wonderful wonderful food and drinks.  After lunch we went to an "arts and crafts" market.  It was wonderful because our Rotary hosts accompanied us so that they could help us barter and get some good deals on souvenirs.  All in all it was a great day off, we went back to our hotel and crashed completely exhausted, by 8:00 PM. 
The vessels that the Pisco is fermented in
The Pisco still

No comments: