Tuesday, September 26, 2006


WHY ME? - If you will recall just about 2 weeks ago, I was on a bike ride and literally ran across or over the kamikaze squirrel (see Sept 13 post). Well, this past Sunday I was out on a walk near a pond with Bob, he was a head of me a bit, as I walked through the uncut grass, I stepped down on a Garter Snake?!!!!! It was fine, it stuck its long red tongue out at me and then slithered on down the hill towards the water. But again I must ask; why me? The girl that brings stray animals into her home to feed them, the girl that will pick up a dead cat or dog on the side of the road to give it a proper burial, the girl that will wreck her car to avoid hurting what ever furry creature may be trying to cross the road. I just don't get it. Perhaps there is a lesson in the fact that I have stepped on or ridden over these animals and they were still able to "get up and go". I'm not sure what that lessone is, perhaps I'll figure it out in time.

No comments: