Saturday, September 02, 2006





GAME DAY!!!!!! - Well a group of my most favorite people in the world joined me today for the first Duck game of the season. The University of Oregon Ducks vs the Stanford Cardinals? The Trees?? hell I don't know what they are called, but does it really matter? What matters is the final score 48 - 10 Oregon!!!!! I went with my husband, my father-in-law, my son, my dad and my step-mom. We did not all get to sit together, but it was a great game and a great way to start the football season!!!!, I enjoyed it, I got mildly sunburned as did the rest of the family. Blanche (the dog) put on her U of O t-shirt first thing this morning - The U of O guidon hung proudly in front of the house, my fire hydrant was standing tall. We all had on our Duck Gear. I am soooooo happy to not just be at home in Oregon, but to be in Eugene, Oregon. What a Feeling!!!
Well I was slightly disappointed because I did not get my exercise in this morning (or so I thought), but we wound up walking to Autzen Stadium, it's about a 1 mile walk and we were in good company, plenty of folks were heading towards Martin Luther King jr. Blvd. dressed in Green and yellow. The temperature went well above 90 degrees today, and we all made sure to take in plenty of water, that helped but I felt dizzy quite a few times as I jumped up yelling like a fool. But I do suppose with the walk to and from the stadium, in the heat, I will count myself good for exercise. Tomorrow is a holiday, lets see if I can drag my lazy butt out of bed for a long bike ride..... better yet, let's see if I can drag my husband's lazy butt out of bed to join me for a bike ride!!! GLAD TO BE in DUCK COUNTRY!!!

1 comment:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Cute pics. I wanna see one of S&K next.