Sunday, May 31, 2009

1 March HIV Alliance "Big Night" - One of my first and most rewarding appearances was the HIV Alliances "Big Night", a benefit for the HIV Alliances Speakers in the school program. I am sorry to say that I did not get any really good photos of the evening, but it was a really enjoyable experience. I was able to tell my story as the sister of an AIDS victim. I had no idea what I was going to say right up to the moment that I took the microphone, in the end I was told that my story touched many of those in attendance that night. Speaking from the heart I felt my big brother standing over my shoulder and guiding me.

We sold the balloons and at a certain moment during the night everyone popped their balloon for the chance at a $100 bill, there was at least $1 in each balloon.

Mr. and Mrs. Oregon heading out the door...

No comments: