Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Intestinal fortitude? Stick-to-it-tiveness? Tenacity? What is the word I am looking for? Motivation? That's a good one. Motivation or the LACK of motivation. Procrastination an excellent word. I procrastinate, that is why I am sitting here at this desk typing instead of out exercising. The funny thing is there is nothing standing in my way. I've got my workout clothes on; everyone in the house is still asleep, I don't even have to work today. I got up at 0600 hours for the sole purpose of going for long bike ride, here I am 1 1/2 hours later and I haven't stepped foot outside. I've popped my Hydroxy-Cut, now I'm sipping on a Red Bull, pretty soon if I don't get going I'll be bouncing off the walls. So what is my motivation for exercising? You would think it would be easy, I love the results! I have lost 20 in about 5 months, I look great and feel great, but why do I find it so hard to keep going? When I have a goal in sight a beauty pageant, a marathon, whatever, I will work my butt off to reach that goal and then after it is over......I lay off from my diet and working out and wind up back where I started. It is very maddening. I get so frustrated with myself, I need a kick in the butt, but there is no one to push me but my self. So.... I'm pushing myself away from the computer, right out the door. It's time to face the bike.

1 comment:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Welcome, Blog Sister! Can't wait to read more!