Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Finally something worth talking about!  I have kind of become a facebook junky and allowed my blogger account sit and linger and be lonely.  But now I have something to talk about, something worthy of a blog, to be excited about!  I've said it before and I will say it again, I am horrible at keeping journals and to me that is all a blog is.. a journal.  So if I have nothing to put in a journal, nothing worthy of a diary, then I have nothing to put in a blog, until now.  This summer I joined Rotary International, I am a member of Southtowne Rotary in Eugene, Oregon.  I found out about this Rotary program called Rotaplast, "The goal of Rotaplast International is to eliminate the incidence of untreated cleft lips and palates in children worldwide by the year 2025".  So on 8 January 2012, I will get on an airplane and head to Lima, Peru to assist in a Rotaplast mission!  I was told from the very beginning that "this is not a vacation".  The hours are long, the conditions are less than optimal, but it will be the experience of a lifetime.  I tell you I can't wait for this next challenge in my life.  I can't wait to make a difference in the life others

No comments: