Saturday, September 01, 2007








Tailgate Auction 2007 -

Well once again I was blessed to have been a part of the University of Oregon/Springfield Chamber of Commerce Annual Tailgate Auction. This year was even more exciting than last years for me as not only was I there as Mrs. Eugene and supporting the Alumni Association, but I also donated my 2005 Harley Davidson Sportster 883 to be auctioned off. I hated getting rid of it, but being as I bought it brand new in 2005 and to date it only had 535 miles on it, I decided it was time to give it up. My husband doesn't ride and I spend most of my days driving my 12 year old from one after school activity to another and the bike sits lonely in my garage gathering dust. So as sad as it was to let it go, the good news is that it was auctioned off to a good home, and the money will go to a good cause.

There were other highlights to the evening; As many of you may or may not know, Springfield was almost the town that held the premier of the Simpson's movie this year. Well a couple of the auction items came from the Simpson's including several movie posters and the Simpson's sofa set. Everyone had a great time having their photo taken on the sofa. And Ian bid (using my my name) on the Simpson's poster. In the end he did not win the poster, but a very kind man who did win the poster actually gave it to Ian. THANK-YOU!!!!



Of course Coach Mike Belotti popped into give a pep quick talk to the sea of Duck football supporters and wherever the coach goes so does our beloved mascot Ducky.


It was a great evening and was only made better by the fact that I was able to share it with my family. This year not only was my husband there, but also my mom and my "Official Photographer" aka my son Ian, it was a great time.





No comments: