Thursday, August 16, 2007


Scott Christian Rankins is my brother and I miss him terribly. Scottie died at 40 years of age. I miss him for totally selfish reasons. I miss him because he has not been here to give me his opinion on anything! Scott was always good for giving his opinion on my clothes, my boyfriends, my jobs, he missed my wedding!! He has missede my life in general and though I think I have managed well over the past few years without Scott, I think it would be very comforting to have him with me. Scottie died from AIDS in 2001, it does not bother me to tell people my families story of dealing with AIDS in our life. It does not bother me, because I want everyone to know, young, middle aged, and old that AIDS is still a threat in our world. I want everyone to know about it, to understand it and to protect themselves. No one is immune from this disease. We all need to educate ourselves, our children, our parents, our friends. Education, Compassion, and research to find a cure. Scott was/is my best friend he is not here physically for me to talk to, but I do talk to him. Please join me and my family in this fight against AIDS. Act, ask questions, get tested, know your status, be aware. Don't be like Scottie, don't leave this world before your time.

No comments: