Thursday, July 26, 2007


Always willing to try something new..... The other day I went with my personal trainer (PT) Jack to a Yoga class. He had been a couple of times before and talked me into attending with him, but I'm thinking he should have given me more information. For some reason I had the impression that the class would be one hour, it was an hour and a half. I read the piece of paper that said the temperature of the room would be set at 104' degrees, but I guess it didn't dawn on me how hot that was, and how hot that is to actually move in and do physical activity in. Think back to how you felt attending your first aerobics class or jazz dance class, that whole uncoordinated thing, now imagine feeling that awkwardness at 104 degrees for an hour and a half. When I walked out of the building I was truly drenched in sweat like I never have been before, not even after running in a marathon. It was god awful!! I thought I was going to die, but of course I didn't, I lived through it and actually went back for a second class, now I need to take the plunge and go back for the third, I'm trying to convince myself that I am truly getting something out of contorting my body into unnatural positions while sweating like the proverbial pig.


No comments: